We’ve been focusing all about Jesus in this series. So perhaps it’s no surprise that in today’s, final sermon we should focus on how to grow in Christ. Wojtek expands upon Proverbs 2 for how we should cultivate a relationship with Christ.
Spoiler alert: We have to do something. We can’t just do nothing and expect to see results.
By the way, the following week’s sermon has practical advice on how to spend time with God. Why not listen afterwards.
- Intro and recap of last week’s sermon
- Paul’s example
- Cultivating our relationship with Christ (we can’t do nothing).
- Step 1: surrender
- Step 2: store up God’s commands in your hearts – what does this scripture reveal about you/god?
- Step 3: turn your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding – be open to teaching
- Step 4: Seek revelation
- The example of the church or corinthians
- Step 5: spending time with Christ
Cultivating a relationship with Jesus is like cultivating a garden. You can’t expect a beautiful garden if you leave it alone. But that’s how many of us treat our relationship with god.
- Philippians 1:21
- Proverbs 2:1-5
- Ephesians 1:17
- Colossians 2:2-3