If you were in prison, would you feel like things were going well? Well, while writing to the Colossians in chapter 4 Paul has his own response. He doesn’t seem depressed but wants to make the most of that opportunity.
In today’s sermon, Wojtek looks at Paul’s prayer for the church in colossea and what it can teach us.
- Intro and Context
- Not what more can I do for Jesus but…
- Devote yourself to Pray
- Be watchful
- let your conversation be seasoned with Salt.
- prayer – putting into practice
- How much do you pray?
- How open are you to the people around you?
- Are you working through your own strength, or the spirit of God?
- Are you prepared for difficult questions?
Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mysteryof Christ, for which I am in chains. Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should.Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity.Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.Colossians 4:2-6